Thursday, May 21, 2009

Shoo Sheep Shoo!

I have long enjoyed watching the woolly sheep my neighbor has in the field across the street. My neighbors started their farm like endeavor with two sheep two years ago, a ram and a ewe. Last year we oohed and aahed over the baby the ewe had had. It has always amazed us how the sheep enjoy the ten acres of field, following one another, with no fence of any kind to impede their movement. This year we again oohed and aahed as the mother ewe gave birth to not just one baby, but two. One of the lambs was even the cutest shade of brown. Then, to our surprise, two tiny lambs appeared following close behind last years baby who was definitely a baby no more. Wow! Seven wonderful fuzzy creatures to watch and enjoy. They climbed and played on the old tractor and they drank from the ditch by the road. What a great life!

But alas, the easy going, peaceful, grass munching sheep have turned renegade. Yesterday morning, while sipping my coffee, I noticed movement through the blinds. "What was that?" I asked my husband. We rushed to the kitchen door to see the sheep converge on my mother's shrubs next door. I dialed her number and then watched with a smile as she cam running down the walk, wearing her pink pajamas with the phone in one hand and the other waving frantically, exclaiming,"Shoo, sheep, shoo!"

No comments:

Post a Comment